Pages

Friday 12 March 2010

Dukka Girl ventures out in Belfast

I've been doing some munching away from home over the last few days. And it's been good, but not outstanding. Yesterday evening, I met my mum and brother for clothes shopping (for the little bro) and then we went for an early dinner at Tedfords. I told them I was vegan, and the waiter got it straight away. When he brought bread, he told me without having to ask that it contained dairy. I was brought a simple salad, just mixed leaves and sundried tomatoes, but the tomatoes were the best I'd had in a long time. For the main, I just pointed out a few parts of the mains from the menu; I ended up with carrots in curry oil, steamed brocc and pak choi in a sesame ginger dressing and coconut rice. Dessert was caramelised banana and some nice sorbets. It was all very tasty, and light, which was good, as I wasn't in the mood for something heavier, but I doubt they would have been able to do me anything more substantial...still, it was pretty good for a restaurant that didn't even have a veggie main course option (the risotto had parmesan, which is made with animal rennet).
I made up for the lightness today with a filling burrito at lunchtime, at Boojum. I had mine with pinto beans, salsa roja, peppers and onion, and guacamole. Yum! Very filling, so I just had apple and some leftover potato for dinner.
My next stop will be Bo Tree Thai, although not any time soon as my dining partner has been struck down with a flu thing and is resting up, poor wee thing. I reckon by the time I'm done with there I'll be fed up with eating out!
I've made some headway this week with finding a nutrition course. So far I hadn't come across anything that hit all the right buttons. The one college I liked the sound of didn't run courses anywhere near me, but they're starting in my city this autumn! I've been in touch with one of the admissions people and I'm feeling pretty positive about it! So watch this space:)

No comments:

Post a Comment