Pages

Monday 24 January 2011

Sleepy

I'm really whacked today, and have been fairly low on energy for the last few days. I got my period after 6 months so I think that's what's sucked all the energy out of me. I haven't had the energy to exercise although I have been walking to and from work (about an hour's brisk walk a day) which really helps with the energy levels as I always feel x10 worse if I just sit on my arse. I thought I might have been up for a run this evening, but even walking home today was quite a challenge so I just took it easy. I was starving too and had a bowl of cereal when I got in, so I had a smaller dinner than I planned and had a bit of dessert too (carrot cake).

I was reeeally tired last friday after work, so I got a (strawberry) beer and made a super quick curry:


Quorn fillets baked in foil in the oven, passata heated up with curry powder, onion, garlic, and jasmine rice and tenderstem broccoli boiled in the same pot.

I was craving sugar like nobody's business so have been eating lots of dessert...but trying to keep it vaguely healthy.

Stewed apple, honey and plain yogurt

Rice pudding, choc rice pops, plain yogurt, a little chunk of chocolate buried in the hot rice. I find combining a few different flavours and textures makes the dessert more satisfying even if it's small



Tonight's dinner: brown rice, paprika and thyme, sauteed mushrooms and rocket, roasted butternut squash and shallots, a little heated up passata and a tiny piece of blue goat's cheese.. aaand one little vegetable finger that I pinched from my boyfriend.

I am off to Edinburgh on wednesday for some R&R, staying in a nice hotel, visiting Edinburgh's veggie restaurants, visiting the Scottish seabird centre out at North Berwick, walking the Leith waterway and hopefully catching Black Swan at the cinema. I'm not sure if I'll blog when I'm away, I don't think I'll have time although I will have my laptop with me.
Hope you all have a nice week if this is indeed my last post until the weekend:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I hope you post about Edinburgh!!! I went there in '08, very vegan, but just before going gluten free. Looking forward to seeing what you are nomming and viewing! Take some fun windy pics from Arthur's Seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the first person I've seen to use the same blogspot background as me! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete