Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

An Eggscellent Sunday



I bookmarked (never home) maker's mayoless egg salad recipe as soon as I read it, tahini+ egg sounded amazing! And it didn't disappoint. I halved the recipe as I had one egg to use up, and although I had just bought more eggs, I wanted to keep them for later in the week. While I don't mind mayo, I don't buy it (egg that keeps for weeks once open is a bit too weird for me) and it's a bit of a palaver to make. I actually bought new tahini with this recipe in mind, but I think it would be great mixed with crab or salmon too. I had it for a sunday evening supper on toast with a side of delicious chilli sundried olives but I'm planning to make it again for lunch someday.


The day had began with walnut bread and banana and a yogurt with chopped hazelnut and some coffee. It was an absolutely stunning day, really sunny, quite warm for the time of year, and still. I stuck my little brother's bike in my car and took him along for a 4 mile run (him on the bike). It had rained all night so the track was really muddy! Everything needed washed when we got in. I was hungry and thirsty so downed loads of water and had an oatcake with some cheese. I then had some salmon with brussel sprouts and sweet potato for lunch, mmm.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! The walnut bread caught my eye! Do you buy or make it? Sounds delicious!

    KristyRuns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum bought it in Marks & Spencers, kind of fancy supermarket here in the UK. I've made some myself before (ordinary spelt bread with walnuts mixed into the dough). It's lovely with banana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tahini sounds good with egg! Do you ever eat salad cream? I ate that when I was in England in 08. At the time, I was a big mayo head and devoured it on my chips, every night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even tasted salad cream! I don't dislike mayo, but I'd far rather have a small batch chutney wherever mayo is normally used. It's more or less my only exception in my love of all things creamy.

    ReplyDelete