Pages

Sunday 27 March 2011

Medicine Soup and Sunshine

When I got home from work and then my run on friday, I needed some relief from my cold symptoms, and MrPeskyRunner had also been smitten. I brewed up some gingery, chilli, garlicky broth with shredded collards. Spices+green=medicine.


I then had curry socca and a bean burger topped with homemade mango chutney (chopped up mango simmered for ages with curry powder) and cottage cheese for dinner- was pretty hungry by this stage.


I repeated last weekend's banana pancakes, but used oat flour this time rather than wheat flour (2 bananas, 2 eggs, 1 cup of oats, ground, 1/2 cup unsweetened soya milk, 1/2 tsp baking powder, cooked on the skillet with coconut oil and eaten with yogurt). They were tastier but softer and a little trickier to flip.


I have been doing plenty of Bodyrock- the Hot Mess Workout on thursday and again today and the 300 Rep Workout yesterday. I had already run four times this week so did none over the weekend. Tomorrow's supposed to be a break, unless I feel super energetic (probably not).

Today was so nice, I did my bodyrock workout outside, I really was a hot mess at the end with the lovely spring sun beating down on me.

Hope you all had a nice weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment