Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Pesky goes 'Primal'

Here is a day's sample of my newly tweaked diet following my little analysis last week:

Breakfast: spinach, two eggs cooked in a tablespoon of olive oil, topped with an ounce of mature goat cheese and some hot sauce, some raspberries (I didn't have time to finish the berries, so stuck them in my lunch bag for later)

Snack: handful of almonds, banana

Lunch wasn't pictured, but it was two grated carrots, 1/4 small red cabbage, 1/2 red pepper, some Quorn slices, another ounce of cheese, a tablespoon of olive oil. I ate half my lunch at normal lunchtime, had to leave the rest, but got peckish again at 3:30pm and finished it off.

I had a few more almonds before making dinner (soo good).


Dinner: prawn, kale, pepper stirfry with passata, garlic and lime juice.


Dessert: plain organic yogurt, leftover breakfast raspberries, two squares 90% Lindt.

Some things I noticed:
Despite all that veg, I had no bloat or gas whatsoever. And it was much more filling and satisfying than rice or pasta (so much so I couldn't finish my lunch in one sitting).
I didn't realise how little fat I was eating, and how little oil I was cooking with until I measured it- today I had almost 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 30g of almonds:)

The stats:
Just under 1600 cals, 53% from fat, 26% from carbs, 21% from protein.

What I have to hand this week to make my meals:
Fridge:
Kale, collards, red cabbage, garlic, ginger, onions, chillis, carrots, black olives, courgettes, lots of eggs, goat's cheese, fromage frais, quark, plain low fat yogurt, tahini, apples, lemons and limes
Cupboards:
Olive oil, coconut oil, passata, coconut milk, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, tinned grapefruit and pears, bananas, lots of tinned salmon, cocoa powder, dessicated coconut
Freezer:
Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, spinach, broccoli, quorn pieces, prawns, maca, ground coffee, hemp seeds

It seems everyone is thinking of spring cleans and resolutions! I think the spring is a far better time for it than New Year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment