Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2011

A tonic for a busy day

I had a really tough day at work today. I won't go into details but I needed some comfort when I got home and made up a quick fire dessert- peach and raspberry crumble using tinned peaches and frozen raspberries and a handful of flaked almonds left over from making muesli.

First though, dinner. I chopped up and parboiled a turnip (swede/rutabaga) before roasting in the oven, and I put a couple of frozen Quorn fillets in an oven dish, sprinkled with fresh garlic and chilli and some dried oregano, and topped with a packet of passata. After a while in the oven, I sprinkled a tablespoon of strong cheese on top. I had a small bit to save room of dessert, although the turnip shrank so much I had a slice of bread on the side.


I made the crumble with flour, dairy free spread, a little sugar, lots of porridge oats and a few flaked almonds. We ate it with a dollop of creme fraiche, a way better accompaniment to the sweet fruit than ice-cream or custard, although plain/Greek yogurt would be great too I imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment