Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

A-Z about me quiz craze

Another week has flown in! I can't believe February is almost over. Nothing much new to talk about here, I haven't been trying out any new recipes and I'm still running/aquajogging/strength training away. Tuesday's Bodyrock sess left me hurting for a couple of days! I proper kicked my butt. Since I have nothing beyond the usual to share with you, I'll do the quiz that's been floating around a few blogs I read:

A. Age: 24

B. Bed size: Double. Although I wouldn't mind a bigger bed, so far I haven't managed to justify the expense since I spend so little time in it. When there's spare money it's oooh new running top/fitness gadget/kitchen equipment...you get the picture.

C. Chore you dislike: Washing up

D. Dogs: Don't have any- my pet rabbit Drizzt lives with my parents in the country. He's lovely, blue-grey, blue eyes, white paws. He's 7 years old.

E. Essential start to your day: Water, coffee, walk, food

F. Favorite color: Green or purple

G. Gold or silver: Probably silver although I do have a lovely antique gold and diamond cluster ring my mum gave me and a gold pendant with a 5th century cross from one of the oldest monastic sites in Ireland with my date of birth on the back- the site is in Kerry where I have gone every summer since I was about 12. I wear it on a fine gold chain along with my great grandmother's huge wedding band.

H. Height: 5’5/165cm. Pretty much exactly average. Yawn.

I. Instruments you play(ed): Piano from 10-14, hated it. Violin in my first year of university (wanted to try something new). I sang in a Georgian chant/Renaissance polyphony choir for a couple of years when I was at university- and I enjoyed that- I am defnitely much fonder of singing than instrumenting.

J. Job title: Laboratory secretary/PA

K. Kids: None, and never will be! I have nothing against other people having kids, it's just not for me.

L. Live: Belfast, Northern Ireland. Which despite having 'Ireland' in the name is in fact part of the UK.

M. Mom’s name: Dympna (Dim-puh-naa). It's the name of an Irish princess/rich cattle raider's daughter who is venerated in Ireland as the patron saint of the mentally ill. She's kind of one of those part mythical part real figures. My mum's not mad btw!

N. Nicknames: Wee Em, Eims (don't like the latter)

O. Overnight hospital stays: Couple of days last September for pancreatitis. My first hospital stay and hopefully my last. I thought I'd never have to go to hospital!

P. Pet peeves: people who talk really loud when there's supposed to be some degree of quiet, queue jumping, sniffing, spitting, double parking- in general people breaking rules that are there to foster consideration of others and fairness. I don't like overuse of apostrophes either.

Q. Quote from a movie: I can never remember any when I'm asked!

R. Righty or lefty: Righty

S. Siblings: 1 sister, a year younger, then 3 brothers- 20, 18, 12 years old.

T. Time you wake up: Usually 6:30 on a weekday unless I decide to workout before the day starts, then I'll get up at 6:00 but that only happens in the spring/summer. Weekends I get up at 8:00-8:30.

U. Underwear: Like you're really interested. Yes I wear it, what it looks like, hopefully that will never find it's way onto my blog!

V. Vegetables you don't like: Asparagus (but then again I've only ever bought it in a shop and not eaten it straight from the field), umm, that's about it. I like vegetables!

W. What makes you run late: Thinking I have enough time to do x,y,z. I'm rarely late though, my mum is late for everything and it meant I hated being late when I grew up so I'm pretty punctual.

X. X-rays you’ve had: When I was three my Dad thought I'd swallowed a door stopper but I'd just hidden it, so was x-rayed and nothing there, couple of teeth x rays pre-wisdom teeth removal then another tooth that never grew down but decided to 5 years later, then after a cycling accident (broke my front teeth), and ankle from running in high heels when I was 15 (eek!)

Y. Yummy food you make: According to Mr TriEatingPlants, my coconut curry and dark chocolate banana bread. My family like my hazelnut tiramisu and I make them meat things they like.

Z. Zoo animal favorites: Don't like zoos but I'm an avid birdwatcher- some of my favourites would be gannets, kingfishers and bullfinches

No comments:

Post a Comment