Pages

Saturday 5 March 2011

Honeypie oatmeal and sort of sugar fail

Today was my once a week honey extravaganza...ie a teaspoon on my porridge. To be honest I wouldn't have found this oatmeal any less tasty without it. I added a tablespoon of oatbran to my rolled oats today and had to add more water. For 1/2 cup of oats I got a lot more porridge than normal because of the oatbran. I feel like a won a prize! I topped the porridge with a banana, cinnamon, the honey and a big scoop of Fage 0% Greek yogurt. It's my new luxury treat, so thick and it tastes as indulgent as whipped cream. Plus it's real Greek yogurt, not Greek-style. I only wish it was organic!
I didn't picture any more food today, but I had a coffee at my favourite coffee shop with some buttered toast- I resisted the lovely looking jam they brought me. I had some prawns on rye crackers as a late lunch/snack as I didn't want a full belly for my afternoon workout (an hour of weights, resistance stuff, squats, high knees, skipping and 20 min on the elliptical). I was pretty hungry in the evening so I had ugly looking pestoey tomato scrambled egg for supper, followed by a delicious but equally ugly bowl of peach slices heated up with 2 squares of baking chocolate and topped with a drizzle of cream. Yum! I then heated my little brother some rice pudding and mixed some strawberry jam in for him but he didn't like it, so I ended up eating it rather than bining it- yeah I ate sugar, and I didn't enjoy it. It probably didn't help that I'd already eaten dessert. Anyway I'm not too bothered as food wasn't wasted, and the jam sugar will fuel my long run tomorrow. After that, and not being terribly excited about the honey, I think I'm just going to continue the no sugar challenge with no weekly honey treat figured in- like tonight, I might find myself eating it unplanned, although I intend to avoid it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I am so excited for my long run tomorrow. I hope the weather will be nice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment