Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Not Dead!

I've just been so busy this month, every time I had 'free' time I used it to work out, cook nice food or curl up with a book or in front of the TV. Yeh, I've been too busy living to blog, but I miss blogging:( I especially miss having time to comment on everyone's blogs, but I've been keeping up to date with a speed read while sipping my coffee and drying my hair in the am.
Workout wise, I'm walking an hour a day, running twice a week just to switch it up (about 3 miles at a go) and of course following Bodyrock.tv. My diet has remained paleo-style, but I've had more cheat meals/desserts this month, probably because I've been so stressed with work. It hasn't relly affected me too much, other than I skip the odd meal because I'm still full from the last dessert, and then end up a bit shakey because I didn't eat when I had time to eat. The last couple of days I've sorted it out by eating a healthy meat or eggs and veggies breakfast as soon as I get into work to keep me going through the first part of the day. A high protein breakfast keeps me going so long, sometimes I'm not even remotely hungry when lunchtime rolls round, but I eat anyway.

Here's a selection of recent eats:

Turkey, goat cheese, avocado and romaine lettuce salad


Pastrami, apple, olive and rocket salad with chilli aioli (eaten as a late saturday morning breakfast)


Sauteed peppers and collards with roast tomato chicken breast (chicken breast smeared with tomato paste, chilli powder and a little cheese before baking)


My current quick meal: ground meat (lamb this time, with za'atar) on a bed of greens. Topped with some grated hard goat cheese



Pastrami again: this time with romaine lettuce and some onion and pepper scramble and hot sauce


Smoked mackerel, mixed with a little natural yogurt, a heap of romaine, a few roasty potatoes and some grated organic double gloucester cheese


An unadulterated mackerel fillet and an egg- a fairly typical at home breakfast these days


Collards topped with ground pork and pepper chilli


Another pastrami and apple salad


More ground meat (beef this time, with onion, peppers and collards and herbs de provence)


The last of the above ground beef veggies mix, scrambled up with 2 beaten eggs and some grated very mature cheddar yum yum)

The best bits of this month's munching have been:
Apple in my salads
Paprika coated pastrami
Za'atar + lamb
Guilt free but admittedly gluttonous ice-cream consumption...!

No comments:

Post a Comment